Are you smarter than a Fifth Grader? We thought we would start today by playing a question and answer game. The girls wanted to earn some extra money so I thought I would add in a little money math game. The best game to use is Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader but Brain Quest Board Game. The fun part is we added some of our own rules and made it into a game show.
A note from the McIntyre girls
Toilet paper is not a toy, but it can be used to entertain a cat and the cat may keep rolling it down the stairs if you don’t put it away.
Money math game
- lots of change: quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies
- Are you Smarter than a first grader game
- paper and pen
This is how we played
- Each girl get a nickel to start the game
- start with a first grader question
- if you get the question correctly then you get to double your winnings
- $0.10 or 2 nickels
- then each child would see if they could trade their coins for less (2 nickels for 1 dime)
- Next question correct you would double again
- $0.20 (or 2 dimes)
- and so on… watch our video