Our family uses the Five Christmas Gifts rule for our teenagers. As my kids have become older and more mature buying gifts has become harder and harder. So I implemented a system that has worked great since we hit the road. Our house is only 350 square feet and space is limited. Each child gets to pick five gifts. We like this rule because it helps you stay on budget and get real things that the kids want. These are the Christmas gift my kids think would be perfect for a teenager.
Five Gifts per Child:
- The gift they really want
- A gift they need – bedding, clothes, shoes
- Educational gift
- Gift from Santa – this can be anything
Christmas Gifts for your teenager
- Mini Waffle Maker – This is a super cute waffle maker that is compact and perfect for any teenager. Mine love to make breakfast and this is the perfect camper size.
- Kingdom Keepers – we are currently reading this series as a family. We are huge Disney fans and not only is this a great story but there are lots of behind the scene stuff
- Star Wars Lego – The new Star Wars movie is about to come out and my kids love the movies. This year we got them the Star Wars Advent Calendar which was super hard to find last year.
- Candy Chemistry Kit – we loved this kit and loved making candy we could eat and learn a little along the way.
- Map National Parks Travel Quest – I love this idea of keeping track of which National Parks you have been to all over the US
- Amazon Gift Card – A gift card is a great thing to get for any teenager because sometimes they don’t even know what they want for Christmas.
- 3D Pen – My youngest has wanted one of these for 2 years now and they have become more and more affordable. Santa might have to splurge and get this for her.
- Adult Coloring Book – There is an artist somewhere inside all of us and drawing and coloring is one thing you can do in the car on moving day.
- Fashion Class – give the gift of fashion. My daughter has used this online program for a year and loves how much she is learning about fashion
- Learn to Mod: Minecraft – My girls loved taking this class. You learn Java while playing Minecraft.
- Craftsy– They offer some great classes from sewing, photography, drawing, and papercrafts. You can take these classes at your leisure and maybe make a career out of one if you really enjoy it.