Hi, fellow homeschoolers. We just made the most delicious meal in our Instant Pot Easy Porkchop, Rice, and Veggies. It was so yummy that everyone had second and my pickiest eater had thirds. This one-step recipe only takes an hour to cook in an IP.
Instant Pot Easy Porkchop, Rice, and Veggies
- 4 Pork chops cubed
- 1 bag of frozen vegetables
- 3 cups brown rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Push the “saute” button and add the butter, vegetable, and soy sauce. Let them begin to heat up and melt while you cube the meat – this step is optional
- Add the meat, rice, and frozen vegetables
- Once everything is in the pot, lock on the lid, and push the “multi-grain” button. It will come up to 40 min. Let it start – the screen will say on, this is when you know it’s cooking
- When the machine starts beeping – it is done cooking
- You can either let it count up for 20 min and do a natural release or do a quick release.
- Quick Release – Push the red “Keep Warm” button, and the screen will say “Off”. Push and turn the vent to let the hot air release (be very it will be very hot air)
- Eat and enjoy!
The first time I did this recipe, we did it with chicken and just threw everything in the pot. The second time we used boneless pork chops and tried the “saute” button while I cubed the meat. It was even better the second time. I like adding a little more soy sauce and butter to my bowl, yep I am weird.