The Strawberry Festival is filled with yummy mouth water fruity goodness. We had so much fun picking our own strawberries at Ottawa Farms. We enjoyed fresh strawberries, homemade ice cream, a camel ride ( we really just watched), arts & crafts, live music, the list goes on and on.
17th Annual Strawberry Festival
We started the 17th annual Strawberry Festival off with free parking and $5 per person to enter. Our first adventure was petting a baby alligator, which luckily had tape wrapped around its mouth, they do bite. Then we made our way to arts and craft area and checked out all the cool stuff each vendor had for sale. There were pony and camel rides for little kids, a huge slide, and the cutest thing ever, a cow train. You could take a helicopter ride, do the strawberry spiny ride or jump away in one of the bounce houses.
We had fun picking the perfect strawberries. Surprisingly, the strawberries were already burned from the sun or damaged by bugs. It was fascinating watching the bees pollinate the strawberries and kids running away from them ( I laughed hysterically at one kid). The best part was only paying $2.50 a pound and eating chocolate covered strawberries on the way home.
After we got home the girls thought it would be fun to make Strawberry Chocolate Napoleon with our yummy fresh strawberries. It was super easy and look really pretty when we were done. Since our grandpa doesn’t like strawberries (not sure what’s wrong with him) we made a chocolate Napoleon’s for him. He thought it was delicious.
- 1-2 cups Strawberries
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet - 1 pkg
- vanilla instant pudding - 1 package
- milk - 1 cup
- Cool Whip - 1 cup
- Thaw pastries in fridge overnight
- Cut pastries into small squares (about 12)
- Lightly spray baking sheet or use parchment paper
- Place pastries on baking sheet and cook for 15 min 400 degrees
- Let cool for 10 min on wire rack
- Place pastries on serving tray
- Prepare pudding according to direction except use 1 cup milk
- Fold Cool whip into pudding mixture
- Place a large spoonful pudding mixture on each pastry
- Add Strawberries on top and chocolate chips
- If your grandfather doesn't like strawberries just add chocolate chips to some