We love trying new recipes and adding our own spin on old recipes. Breakfast is one of mine and my kids favorite meal. So I thought what would be better than bacon and pancakes. I decided to make it really easy and use the ready pour pancake mix.
We call this recipe Bacon Pancakes will see how they turn out….. The kids loved them but I think next time we might try smaller pieces of bacon. The key to make this recipe to taste really good (in my opinion) is to have really crispy bacon.
- pancake mix
- frying pan
- paper towels
- maple syrup
- make pancakes according to instructions - we used shake and pour bisquick mix
- Cook your bacon - make sure it is extra crispy
- Lay your cooked bacon on paper towel to soak up the extra grease
- Put a piece of bacon on your frying pan
- pour pancake mix over bacon
- flip and cook like you would normally
- taste best with some yummy maple syrup
- Next time we plan on adding little pieces of bacon into the pancake mix